Monday, May 11, 2015

UBÁÁÁ


Dear Family,

I don´t have much time.  Luckily, I got to talk to you yesterday, so that is a good thing.  Probably, no definitely, my favorite thing was finding out that I will have a nephew and that mom and dad will soon be grammy and grampy.  I loved it!  I am so excited to meet the little guy!

This last week was wonderful.  It´s always very bittersweet to have to leave an area with people that you love, but I am very excited to go where the Lord wants me to go.

One funny experience from this last week.  A Catholic woman invited us into her house to show us her altar.  She started talking about all of the statues and images on her altar and telling the story about all of them.  Here they talk about ´Nossa Senhora de ...(Fátima, Aparecida...)´ or in other words ´Our Lady of ...´.  Each idol has a different story about how the virgin Mary appeared.  After this woman told some stories, I asked her if she had heard about `Nosso Senhor de Palmyra´ (Our Lord of Palmyra).  I then had the chance to tell the story of the First Vision.  It was great.  The woman was very impressed.

I love you all.  I know Joseph Smith saw Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ in vision.


Love, Elder Parker Ayer

P.S.  These aren´t from Ubá.  There is one of me with a castle in Três Corações and the other of a family that I loved there (who I gave my ring to).  Love you!



No comments:

Post a Comment